Tot Time: eARTh Inspirations
Create a Shaving Cream Marbled Print
Gather the materials from the "What You'll Need" list and follow the video or the instructions below the video.
What You'll Need
- Foaming shaving cream
- Blue and green liquid watercolor or food coloring
- Paper cut into the shape of a circle
- Large baking sheet
- Foil or parchment paper
- Craft sticks
What You'll Do
- Line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Apply a layer of shaving cream on to the baking sheet. Use the spatula to smooth the shaving cream out evenly.
- Place a few drops of each color all across the shaving cream.
- Create a marbled pattern by swirling, blending and mixing the colors together with craft sticks.
- Place your paper on top of the shaving cream then press down lightly.
- Peel the paper up gently then use the spatula to scrape the shaving cream off.
- Leave your earth inspired marbled print out to dry and admire the little world you have designed!
Tips and Tricks
- Use a plate to trace a circle on to a sheet of paper.
- Repeat this activity to figure out the techniques that produce the best print.
- The thicker the paper the better. Cardstock or tagboard are recommended.
- This activity can get messy! Have a washcloth and water on hand for cleanup.
Credit: Lesson plan developed by Madeline Olesky, Family Programs Intern and 4th year UF Psychology-Neuroscience major in UF College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.